The Old Baldy Foundation is a public not-for-profit 501-c3 organization dedicated to the educational outreach and preservation of the Old Baldy Lighthouse.
History remembers the infamous Black Beard as one of the greatest, most successful pirates who ever lived-a paragon of pirates. But what if history got it wrong? When Black Beard arrived in North Carolina in 1718, he commanded one of the most powerful pirate fleets in history- 400 men aboard four ships, including his prized, cannon-studded flagship, Queen Anne's Revenge. But in a stunning reversal of fortunes, everything suddenly went wrong. Six months later, when Black Beard was cornered and killed at Ocracoke Inlet, North Carolina, he was in the comp-any of just 20 men and the only treasure found in his possession was some sugar, cocoa, cotton and a mysterious letter. What happened during Black Beard's last days that precipitated his demise? Who, truly, was Edward Teach, aka Black Beard, and from whence did he come? What was his true name? And what happened to his treasure? For more than 35 years, researcher, author and filmmaker, Kevin Duffus has followed the wake of the pirate captain's journey through history. Along the way, Duffus observed that many historical accounts describing the pirate's last days-the six months following the wreck of the Queen Anne's Revenge at Beaufort Inlet-were inaccurate, insufficiently researched, and, as it turned out, not nearly as interesting as the truth.
Author: Kevin P. Duffus
You did a GREAT job getting the book I ordered off so quickly. Thank you! - Cheryl
This mug is fantastic! The graphics are beautiful, and the mug itself is sturdy too. It’s gone through the washer a handful of times and it still holds up just as well and looks just as sharp as the day it arrived. Love it! - Hannah
Old Baldy Lighthouse invites you to explore and share in our rich cultural history. Because everyone's experience is unique, we strive to offer one-of-a-kind keepsakes to commemorate your trip to Old Baldy. Whether you shop with us in person or online; 100% of the proceeds from your purchase go directly to supporting the continued education and preservation of Old Baldy Lighthouse.
Old Baldy Lighthouse
101 Lighthouse Wynd, Bald Head Island, NC 28461
Monday thru Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If you need to make a return or exchange:
• Please call Old Baldy Lighthouse within 30 days after the ship date (1-910-457-7481). Merchandise must be returned in its original packaging in unused condition.
• Old Baldy Gift Shop does not pay for return shipping costs unless an item is damaged or we made an error in processing your order. Use any shipping method you choose. We recommend insuring your shipment for the full value.
• Old Baldy Gift Shop is not responsible for returned items that are poorly packaged/shipped and will not issue a refund on any item that is damaged during the return process.
Exceptions to our return policy: All clearance sale items are final and cannot be returned/exchanged unless damaged upon receipt.
Missing items: If you are missing items from your order, you must notify Old Baldy Gift Shop immediately.
Damaged shipments: In the event of damage, the receiver is responsible to notify Old Baldy Gift Shop of any loss or damage within 30 days after the ship date.
• Old Baldy Gift Shop cannot accept C.O.D.
• Old Baldy Gift Shop is not responsible for returns that we do not receive.
• Returns will not be processed until the product is received at our shop.
Send your return package to this address:
101 Lighthouse Wynd
Bald Head Island, NC 28461
* Include the following information with your return: A copy of your original invoice.